Friday, September 30, 2011

Black & Decker JUS500IB 500-Amp Jump Starter with Built-in Tire Inflator

The Black & Decker 500-Amp Jump Starter with Inflator provides instant starting power to get you back on the road fast. The integrated 120 PSI inflator is ideal for filling vehicle tires, sporting equipment, air mattresses, and other inflatable items. This jump starter features an innovative low-profile design for easy storage in your vehicle or garage, and it keeps you safe with visual and audible reverse polarity alarms to warn against an improper connection to the battery terminals. It also comes equipped with an ultra-bright area light for easy use at night, and the cable clamps store easily on the unit.

Amazon Sales Rank: #3151 in Automotive Brand: Black & Decker Model: JUS500IB 500 Instant starting amps for maximum performance 120 PSI inflator for vehicle tires, sports equipment and more Low-profile design for easy storage within vehicle or garage Visual and audible reverse polarity alarms warn against improper connections to battery terminals Ultra bright area light for increased visibility in dark areas

Customer feedback more useful 50 of 52 people found this review helpful. Useful tool - but died suddenly pump by John K. So far this unit has worked well. I used it to start a ragged old farm tractor, and the little box that seems to have an impressive amount of cranking power (for short bursts, anyway). I used the inflation twice to blow up a car and a truck tire. It takes a while to get a tire pressure, but it is normal to have these small compressors. For its size, is very suitable as an emergency air source. It took me about 8 minutes for tires up to 25 psi to 45 psi (under the weight of the vehicle). It's really not that bad. The truck tires took a little longer, because I had to stop to allow the device to cool. B & D recommends driving inflation in more than 10 consecutive minutes. The total time for this almost flat tire: A little less than half an hour. Again, not bad considering how small this is. I like the layout of the controls and indicators, easy to read, easy to open. Storage jumper cables are OK. I would prefer that they kept in a locked room, but they seem very safe. Keep the staples clean, and there should be no problem to store in a car. Storage inflator is corny. It is stuffed into a small compartment, and you really bend the hose to get inside. The maximum length of air hose is about 2 meters. You need the device too close to the band around the hose to the tap. No problem for me so far, but keep this in mind when selecting a device with a wide range. B & D would have done better here. The great flu I have is that the inflator is no provision for a backup power source. Depending on how long the internal battery will continue to be charged in the store, you may not think you'll juice to power the device in an emergency. Why could not B & D consists of an adapter, 12V cigarette for this situation? For a device that is believed to be a piece of emergency gear, seems a glaring oversight you'd better hope that the battery is extremely reliable - without the device useless. Could have been five stars if not for that question. Overall I am satisfied with your purchase. Reliability is the ultimate test, and it is too early to judge. If it is up to season after season, and delivers the goods when they really needed, I can change my rating to 5 stars. For under $ 100, I'd say give it a try. UPDATE: January 12, 2010 The inflator died on me, with less than four hours total runtime. The engine was out jogging, but there was no pressure at all. Brought it to a B & D Service Center, and paid $ 15 for one shipped to my new home. No hassle at all, the device returns and replacement works as advertised - until now. Maybe I just got a lemon, so I will not downgrade at this point becomes at a later date. UPDATE: August 23, 2011 works well after 15 hours of using the compressor. I was advised not to store the unit for a long time at temperatures below zero. Apparently, this can damage the compressor, which may be the reason for my first drive failed. 21 of 21 people found this review helpful. A portable jump start a useful and effective Conrad This comment is for the Black & Decker 500 Amp Jump Starter JUS500IB the inflation rate that I received last week, called for charging, and planned to leave the garage. I was not thinking of writing a comment, I used up until this morning when I needed to start my car, because "someone" left the lights on at night. In fact, I put the baby to work immediately and started the engine (no surprise). What surprised me was that I needed to connect both the positive and negative terminals to their respective At first, I connected the negative pole to the chassis (like how I used to jump over a car), but my car would not start . I tried several places along the non-painted metal.

0 comments:

Post a Comment